Mentoring is good, but quality mentoring is better. By committing to quality improvements, programs can nurture stronger, longer lasting, positive mentoring relationships. Through technical assistance, MENTOR Virginia works with well-established and newly-developing programs to improve their quality and impact.
Technicals Assistance (TA) is a FREE one-on-one consultation service designed for mentoring programs that want to improve the quality of one or more aspects of their mentoring program.
TA can help mentoring programs through:
- Development/revision of training materials
- Guidance and consultation on mentor recruitment plans
- Analysis of mentor screening processes
- Development of policies and procedures for a mentoring program
- Guidance and consultation on evaluation strategies
- Analysis of match support processes
Is TA Right for Your Mentoring Program?
- Are you a new mentoring organization in need of program support that aligns with best practices?
- Are you an established mentoring program that wants to improve one or more aspects of your program?
- Are you an established mentoring program that wants support as you begin serving a new population or offering a new program model?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then your mentoring program can benefit from TA! For answers to frequently asked questions about TA, click the button below.
For questions about this service, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. To meet our expert TA Consultants who work one-on-one with mentoring programs during the TA process, please see our staff page.
TA is made possible through the National Mentoring Resource Center (NMRC), which is a project of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention and MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR).