January is National Mentoring Month! In celebration, MENTOR Virginia is offering and elevating several opportunities for mentoring programs. Learn more and get involved below.
Two Free Virtual Trainings
In honor of National Mentoring Month, MENTOR Virginia is hosting two free virtual training opportunities appropriate for mentoring program staff members as well as mentors.
- New Mentor Training | Tuesday, January 12 from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm | Register here
- Best Practices for Virtual Engagement | Tuesday, January 19 from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm | Register here
Advocacy Action: Participate in Capitol Hill Day
Calling all program staff, mentors, youth advocates, and young people! We’re looking for representatives from Virginia to join hundreds of others from across the country for the 7th annual Capitol Hill Day, an important advocacy events that allows Members of Congress to connect with mentoring advocates to learn more about critical issues facing youth. Learn more here.
- Capitol Hill Day | Wednesday, January 27 | Sign up by emailing Sarah here!
Be the Change: Join Our Antiracism Working Group
In an effort to create spaces for brave conversations among Virginia-based mentoring program staff members and leaders who hold white privilege, MENTOR Virginia is hoping to launch an Antiracism Working Group aligned with the Me and White Supremacy Workbook by Layla F. Saad. Learn more here!
- Express interest in participating here by January 13!
Attend the Virtual National Mentoring Summit
This year’s 11th annual National Mentoring Summit will focus on Rising to the Moment and all the ways our relationship-centered movement has evolved. Register by Dec. 18 for the early bird rate of $75 per person. On the 19th, registration rates will increase to $150.
- National Mentoring Summit | January 27 – 29, 2021 | Virtual | Learn more & register here
January’s Monthly Community Coffee Hour
MENTOR Virginia will be hosting a Community Coffee Hour on the 2nd Wednesday of each month to create space for Virginia-based mentoring programs to share with and learn from one another. Cast your vote now for January, February, and March’s discussion topics and times here!
- January Community Coffee Hour | Wednesday, January 13 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am | Register here
Important National Mentoring Month Dates
- January 7, 2021 – I Am a Mentor Day
- January 17, 2021 – International Mentoring Day
- January 18, 2021 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- January 29, 2021 – #ThankYourMentor Day