Mentoring Youth Impacted by
Opioid Use and Misuse
Mentoring Youth Impacted by Opioid Use and Misuse Training
This training is appropriate for mentors and program staff working with youth impacted by the opioid crisis
This workshop is a three-part series that includes the following topics: Understanding Substance Use and Its Impact, Overview of Trauma and Neurobiology, and Mentoring Youth. MENTOR Virginia offers six-hour trainings that cover all three parts of the series, as well as two-hour trainings on any of the individual parts of the series.
In the Mentoring Youth Impacted by Opioid Use and Misuse section of the training, participants will learn:
- How to apply lessons about substance misuse and trauma to mentoring practice
- How developmental mentoring can be used to increase protective factors, developmental assets, and social emotional learning for youth
- Culturally sensitive mentoring approaches
- Trauma-informed approaches to mentoring including how to avoid re-traumatization
- Key factors for trauma-informed relationship development with an emphasis on timing of conversations and actions with youth
The Mentoring Youth Impacted by Opioid Use and Misuse Training is only offered as a private training. To learn more about private trainings with MENTOR Virginia, view our Private Training FAQs page. To book a private training, email Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org.