MENTOR Virginia is pleased to present the 2021 Power of Mentoring Summit, a virtual event that will offer opportunities to network with and learn from youth development and mentoring program professionals.
As the leading resource for mentoring programs across the Commonwealth, MENTOR Virginia is dedicated to providing support through training, consultation, and advocacy. The Power of Mentoring Summit advances our mission to foster quality mentoring relationships that empower, elevate, and encourage young people by providing professional development and networking opportunities to program professionals.
The summit’s theme of “Empower, Elevate, Encourage” will focus on how best we can support our mentees and mentors in a post-pandemic world. You are invited to join us as attendees and speakers to focus on ways we can strengthen relationships and give young people the opportunity to succeed on their terms.
Workshops should be:
- 90 minutes in length
- Informative and interactive
- Applicable to the mentoring field
- Reflective of the Summit theme and categories
- Youth Voice and Leadership
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Social-Emotional Learning and Trauma-Informed Care
- Post-Pandemic Mentoring Practices and Applications
Proposals should include:
- A description of the workshop and title
- A session outline, including a timeline for the 90-minute session
- A short explanation of the interactive element of the workshop
- Clearly stated goals
- Relevance to the theme and a track
Every Summit proposal will be evaluated and scored by the MENTOR Virginia Summit Committee. If selected, you will be notified by close of business, September 17, 2021.
Presenters must be available on November 4th for scheduling purposes.
Presenters will receive one complimentary Summit registration. The presenter(s) will have access to the entirety of the Summit.
We are planning for up to 75 registrants who will choose from concurrent workshops.
Young presenters and co-presenters are encouraged to participate!
Dates at a glance:
- August 31: Proposal deadline (close of business)
- Sept 17: Proposal notification
- Oct 15: Final Presentations due
- Nov 4: Power of Mentoring Summit
Questions may be directed to Sarah Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.